ARGA 2018 presentations
ARGA 2016 AJES papers
Papers, books and reports
Centre for Australian Regolith Studies
CRC LEME legacy publications
ARGA keeps an informal list of publications by members on matters relating to regolith geoscience. Members are asked to forward publications to the website manager for inclusion in this list.
First ARGA Conference proceedings 2010 (0.5 MB)
Second ARGA Conference 2012/22nd Australian Clay Mineral Society Conference proceedings 2012
Third ARGA Conference proceedings 2014 (5.8 MB)
Fourth ARGA Conference proceedings 2016 (13.5 MB)
Fifth ARGA Conference proceedings (8.4 MB)
ARGA 2018 conference presentations
- Nacho Gonzalez-Alvarez keynote: Insights on the paradigms applied for mineral exploration in deeply weathered landscapes (72 MB)
- Caroline Tiddy: Geochemical sampling of cover sequence materials throughout the Gawler Craton (2.2 MB)
- Ken McQueen: Cretes and ‘chemical’ landscapes, South Australia (5.2 MB)
- Anna Petts: Covering the bases - baseline geochemistry of South Australian's cover and new efforts to characterise it (3.2 MB)
- Adrian Fabris: Could rapid XRF analysis techniques provide a step change in our ability to map geochemical dispersion patterns through cover and deliver future mineral discoveries? (3.7 MB)
- Ian Roach: Correlations between spectral mineralogy and borehole rock properties in the Eromanga basin (3.2 MB)
- Sara Jakica: Using passive seismic to estimate the thickness of Leonora Breakaways, WA (2.4 MB)
- Leah Moore: Evaluating geomorphic and subsurface controls on surface water-groundwater interactions to contextualize a floodplain rehydration project at Mulloon Creek, NSW Southern Tablelands (3.8 MB)
- Mark Keppel: Modelling initial carbonate platform formation in groundwater upwelling zones, Lake Eyre south region, South Australia (2.8 MB)
- Brad Pillans: Seeing red: a history of redness in Australian landscapes (2.6 MB)
- Nadir de Souza Kovacs: Beneath the sand of the Tanami Desert (4.8 MB)
- Richard Greene: Loess materials in vineyard soils in Australia and New Zealand: how their properties can influence wine composition (2.7 MB)
- Carmen Krapf: The complex story of regolith material distribution along the Skeleton Coast of Namibia (6.5 MB)
- Allan Chivas keynote: Oxygen isotope dating the Australian regolith (21.9 MB)
- John Keeling: Atypical alteration of biotite to celadonite and nontronite, southern Eyre Peninsula: timing and environmental factors (4.4 MB)
- Lisa Worrall: Are critical zone observatories materially advancing regolith science? (0.9 MB)
- Sabine Pernreiter: Landscape Evolution in the Albany-Fraser Orogen and South Yilgarn Craton, Western Australia (5.3 MB)
- Savannah McGuirk: Inverted dune swales, Hunder Dunes, Ladakh, India (5.4 MB)
- Ian Roach: Cover and UNCOVER: an update on new science at Geoscience Australia (3.8 MB)
- Adrian Costar poster: G-FLOWS – Hidden water, innovation exploration (2.6 MB)
- Adrienne Brotodewo poster: Establishment of geochemical exploration criteria in mineral phases within basement and cover sequences (5 MB)
- Sara Jakica: GSWA regolith landform map (4.8 MB)
- Nadir de Souza Kovacs: Ngururrpa regolith geochemistry poster (8.9 MB)
- Nadir de Souza Kovacs: Beneath the sand of the Tanami Desert poster (16.8 MB)
- Sabine Pernreiter: Landscape Evolution in the Albany-Fraser Orogen & South Yilgarn Craton, WA poster (1.2 MB)
ARGA 2016 Conference - Australian Journal of Earth Science Special Issue
(Requires access through your institution's library or GSA membership with journal access)
- Editorial - M. Thomas & V. N. L. Wong: Regolith research in Australia
- P. de Caritat, P. T. Main, E. C. Grunsky & A. W. Mann: Recognition of geochemical footprints of mineral systems in the regolith at regional to continental scales
- A. L. Cowood, C. L. Moore, M. J. Cracknell, J. Young, R. Muller, A. T. Nicholson, A. C. Wooldridge, B. R. Jenkins & W. Cook: Expansion of landscape characterisation methods within the Hydrogeological Landscape Framework: application in the Australian Capital Territory
- R. A. Eggleton & G. Taylor: Titania in Australian massive silcretes
- S. M. Jowitt, V. N. L. Wong, S. A. Wilson & O. Gore: Critical metals in the critical zone: controls, resources and future prospectivity of regolith-hosted rare earth elements
- B. Pillans & H. Leitch: Quartz-dominated Cenozoic gravels in southeastern Australia: where did all the quartz come from?
- M. E. Sweeney, C. L. Moore, K. G. McQueen & T. Spandler: Geomorphic controls on deposition of salt in the Greater Tamar Catchment, northeast Tasmania
- G. Taylor & R. A. Eggleton: Silcrete: an Australian perspective
- L. Worrall: Exploring for heavy minerals on Cape York Peninsula, Queensland, Australia
Papers, books and reports
Churchman G.J., Cresswell R. and Singh B. 2012. Combined Australian Regolith Geoscientists Association and Australian Clay Minerals Society Conference Proceedings. 22nd ACMS and 2nd ARGA Conference, Quality Hotel Mildura Grand, Mildura, Victoria, 7-9 February 2012, 170 p.
Eggleton R.A. (ed.) 2001. The Regolith Glossary. CRC LEME, 144 pp. Available on-line at http://crcleme.org.au/Pubs/Monographs/BookRegGloss.html
Gray D.J., Noble R.R.P. and Reid N. 2009. Hydrogeochemical mapping of northeast Yilgarn groundwater. Government of Western Australia Department of Mines and Petroleum, Report 2009/21. Available online here.
Krapf, C.B.E. and Sheard, M.J. 2018. Regolith hand specimen atlas for South Australia. Geological Survey of South Australia, Department of Premier and Cabinet, Report Book 2018/00001. Online: https://sarigbasis.pir.sa.gov.au/WebtopEw/ws/samref/sarig1/image/
Reid N. and Hill S.M. 2010. Biogeochemical sampling for mineral exploration in arid terrains: Tanami Gold Province, Australia. Journal of Geochemical Exploration 104(3), 105-117. Available online here. s
Reid N., Hill S.M. and Lewis D.M., 2008. Spinifex biogeochemical expressions of buried gold mineralisation: The great mineral exploration penetrator of transported regolith. Applied Geochemistry 23(1), 76-84. Available online here.
Reid N., Hill S.M. and Lewis D.M. 2009. Biogeochemical expression of buried gold mineralization in semi-arid northern Australia: penetration of transported cover at the Titania Gold Prospect, Tanami Desert, Australia. Geochemistry: Exploration, Environment, Analysis 9(3), 267-273. Available online here.
Reid N., Lintern M., Anand R., Pinchand T., Gray D., Noble R., Sutton G. and Jarrett R. 2010. North east Yilgarn biogeochemistry project. Government of Western Australia Department of Mines and Petroleum, Report 2010/4. Available online here.
Scott, K.M. and Pain C.F. 2009. Regolith Science. CSIRO Press, 472 p. Available from: CSIRO Publishing; Fishpond; Amazon.
Taylor, G. and Eggleton, R.A. 2001. Regolith Geology and Geomorphology. Wiley, 384 p. Available from: Wiley; Fishpond; Amazon.
Centre for Australian Regolith Studies occasional publications
I.D.M. Robertson 1990. Weathering at the Trial Hill tin mine - Queensland. Volume 1. Centre for Australian Regolith Studies Occasional Publication No. 1, 48 pp.
K.G. McQueen editor 1994. The Tertiary geology and geomorphology of the Monaro: the perspective in 1994. Centre for Australian Regolith Studies Occasional Publication No. 2, 61 pp. (Papers by G.M. Taylor, C.D. Ollier, M.C. Brown, I.C. Roach , K.R. Sharp and K.G. McQueen).
K.G McQueen and M.A. Craig 1995. Developments and new approaches in regolith mapping. Centre for Australian Regolith Studies Occasional Publication No. 3, 80 pp. (Papers by C.D. Ollier, S.M. Hill, R.A. Chan, E.B. Joyce, X.Y. Chen, B.R. Jenkins, R.C. Gourlay, W.R. Evans, S.M. Eldridge, I.C. Roach, C.F. Pain, K.G. McQueen).
B.P. Ruxton 1996. The influence of organic matter and fire on accreting regolith in tropical rainforest. Centre for Australian Regolith Studies Occasoinal Publication No. 4, 23 pp.
P.I.A. Kinnell 2000. Discourse on rainfall erosion processes and modelling on hillslopes. Centre for Australian Regolith Studies Occasional Publication No. 6, 44 pp.
Cooperative Research Centre for Landscape Environments and Mineral Exploration
Don't forget to visit the CRC LEME website to access the hundreds of on-line publications and maps on Australian regolith studies from the 13 years of CRC LEME research from 1995 to 2008.