Fourth Australian Regolith Geoscientists Association Conference
7-10 February 2016, Thredbo NSW
The Fourth Australian Regolith Geoscientists Association Conference will be held at the Thredbo Alpine Hotel, Thredbo NSW, from the evening of the 7th to 10th February 2016.
The conference will be a 3-day multi-disciplinary conference on all regolith-related topics and includes:
- Venue: Thredbo Alpine Hotel
- Free networking BBQ on Sunday 7 February evening
- Accommodation on-site
- National cover-related science discussions, future planning and publication support
- Student bursaries and awards
- Field trips included:
- Optional pre-conference driving field trip on Volcanism and Mars Analogues of the Monaro - 7 February
- Mid-conference field trip on Glacial and Alpine Landscapes and Geology around Mt Kosciuszko - 9 February
- Optional post-conference full-day walking field trip from Charlotte Pass to Blue Lake on Pleistocene Glacial Features of the Snowy Mountains - 11 February
Abstracts, applications for student bursaries and registrations are now open. Important dates include:
Information for registrants
- Applications for student bursaries close 2 December 2015
- Abstract deadline EXTENDED TO 7 December 2015
- Early bird registration closes 23 December 2015. An additional $100 late fee will apply after this date until close of registrations.
- Registrations close Monday 11 January 2016.
Download draft program: ARGA 2016 Draft Program (MS Word doc)
Download: ARGA conference abstract template (MS Word doc)
ARGA_Conference_2016_registration_form (MS Word doc)
Download: ARGA Conference Student Bursary application form (MS Word doc)
Note: Applicants for the student bursary MUST deliver an oral or poster presentation
Please mark the dates in your diaries and check this website for regular updates. Feel free to forward this to any interested colleagues. If you would like to add addresses to the mailing list for updates, please email: email@example.com.
I look forward to seeing you in Thredbo! Cheers,
Matilda Thomas 2016 ARGA Conference Organiser
Nadir de Souza Kovacs
Keep your eye out for:
- The Australian and New Zealand Geomorphology Group (ANZGG) conferences.
- The Australian Clay Minerals Society conferences.
Third Australian Regolith Geoscientists Association Conference
Perth-Bunbury 6-7th February 2014
Click here to see details of the 3rd ARGA Conference
Second Australian Regolith Geoscientists Association Conference
7-10 February 2012, Mildura, Victoria, 2012
Click here to see the details of the 2nd ARGA-22nd ACMS Conference, 7-10 February 2012, Mildura Victoria.
First Australian Regolith Geoscientists Association Conference
Click here to see the details of the First ARGA Conference, 21-27 February 2010, Arkaroola Wilderness Resort, South Australia.
Photographs from the conference.
See our Facebook site for more photos